- Microsoft’s Skype Now Commands A Third Of A Dying Market
- Pebble Smartwatch Shipping To 500 Kickstarter Backers, Starting Today
- Nokia 6 – The Ultimate Smartphone that is designed to perform Time and Again!
- Preparation of Natural Hair Oil for Healthy Hair Growth
- Relevance Score for Facebook Ads – What is It? What You Need to Know About It?
According to Sir Richard Branson, the founder of Virgin group, a well-known columnist, and one of the most famous world-figures, Social Media Marketing should top your to-do list of things that you would be doing as a startup.
Ask any other social media expert or an experienced search professional, and s/he will utter the same words.
Let’s have some serious facts and stats now.
Well, according to HubSpot,
- 84% of B2B marketers use social media in some form.
- The majority of marketers (almost 59%) are using social media for 6 hours or more each week.
- 83% of marketers admit that Social Media is very important for their businesses.
And by Jeff Bullas, the social web in 2015 has:
- Over 3 billion of the 7.2 billion people on the planet are active internet users.
- 65 billion Mobile users use the internet via their smartphones and tablets.
- Close to 2.1 billion people have social media accounts.
- Nearly 1.7 billion people have active social media accounts.
Enough to believe in the importance of Social Media on small businesses, right? So, now that we have enough knowledge on the importance of social media marketing for start-ups and small businesses, let’s jump straight into the steps you need to follow to make the most of your Social Media Marketing.
- Find your USPs
No matter which industry you are into, and no matter how small you are, there would surely be a group of audience, which are interested in you, and listen to you. That brings in the Unique Selling Point (USP) concept.
Find the unique and distinctive features and benefits of your product or service, and help those reach your target audience. Find the unique emotional aspect about your product or service that differentiates you from your competitors. Focus on your USPs to boost your sales.
- Explore on different Social Platforms
Being just a startup where budget is your primary concern, you don’t have to invest in all social platforms, but the ones that really matter to you. For example, LinkedIn cannot be as lucrative for B2Cs as it is for B2Bs. So, if you are a B2C startup and are thinking about LinkedIn in the beginning, it might not come up as a good idea.
Having said, use a foolproof strategy that uses as many social media platforms as possible to get your business up and running.
- Engage with your Audience
Engaging with the audience is an art. Those who master this art flourish, and those who don’t will soon die. There actually are a ton of ways to connect and engage with your audience. You can have your personal blog to share your ideas with your audience and customers, you can publish Press Releases, you can connect with your customers through your Facebook page, you can tweet and re-tweet on your customers’ views and so on. Whatever, you just need to engage with your audience and get them a feel that you care for them.
- Create Content and Market those
Create unique and original content for your audience, customers and users on a regular basis. The more relevant content you deliver to your users, the better your brand grows and the more reputation you build. While creating content for your audience, you may pick some questions from them and go on answering every bit of it. That’s a great way to build a good content profile and that really works. You can also find some great posts from around the industry and present the ideas before your audience in a much better and understandable way.
Great posts market themselves. You just need to spend a fair amount of time on a constant basis sharing your content and blog posts with your users, friends and followers through different social platforms, and the posts go viral.
- Interact with Advocates
Develop a brand advocate and interact with that advocate to drive a substantial amount of traffic and shares to your brand, and boost your business.
This really works.